The Online Channels may provide links to other third-party websites and features, or contain third-party cookies, which are not owned or controlled by SmartCover®. Please review the privacy policies of these third parties to familiarize yourself with their practices.
Information We Obtain
We may obtain “Personal Information” through the Channels, which is information that, alone or in combination with other information, identifies or relates to a particular individual. The types of Personal Information we may obtain include:
- Identifiers and contact information (such as name, phone and fax number, email and postal address) for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business);
- Information used to create your online account (such as username, password and security question and answer);
- Employment information (such as company and job title);
- Commercial information, such as purchase and customer service history;
- Business financial information (such as payment information, including name, billing address and payment card details (i.e., card number, expiration date and security code));
- Location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code) and the geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- Other Personal Information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our “Contact Us” link on our Online Channels).
In addition, in connection with our services, we may obtain government-issued ID numbers and Tax ID numbers.
We only obtain information that is reasonably necessary to facilitate and optimize the Online Channels and the services provided through them. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features of the Online Channels.
Tracking Technologies, Analytics Services and Advertising
- Essential Cookies allow us to recognize your device to help you navigate efficiently to obtain the information and services you have requested.
- Analytical and Customization Cookies allow our site to remember your preferences such as language selection and help you to view information that is most relevant to your interests; these cookies also help us to maintain and improve our websites by providing information on how visitors find and use the sites, and how well the sites are performing.
- Advertising Cookies may be used in some cases to make advertising messages more relevant to you.
Unless you disable the cookies on our website, by using our website you agree to our use of those cookies.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the Personal Information we obtain to:
- Provide and administer our products and services;
- Process and fulfill orders and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- Communicate about and administer our products, services, events, programs and promotions (such as by sending alerts, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- Conduct and facilitate surveys, sweepstakes, contests, focus groups and market research initiatives;
- Perform data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- Engage in ad retargeting and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts (including through our participation in ad networks);
- Provide customer support;
- Process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications;
- Create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- Conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, enhancing and improving our products and services; developing new products, services and Online Channels; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Verify your identity and protect against and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality;
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products, services, Online Channels, network services, information resources and employees.
We may combine Personal Information we obtain through Online Channels with information we obtain through Offline Channels, as well as other information, for the purposes described above. We may anonymize or aggregate Personal Information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use Personal Information for additional purposes that we identify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law.
We may share your personal information with (1) our affiliates and subsidiaries and (2) our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as order fulfillment, customer support, payment processing and data analytics. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We may also disclose Personal Information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent or direction for any purposes requested or permitted by you.
We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third-parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination. In such case, we will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection as SmartCover® provides with respect to the information we share.
You may see our ads on third-party websites or mobile apps because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to deliver relevant advertising to you based upon information we receive about your interests. To learn how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising in the United States, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices or http://preferences-mgr.truste.com. The SmartCover® Online Channels are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from web browsers.
How We Protect Personal Information
SmartCover® maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information provided to us through the Channels.
Retention of Personal Information
Children’s Personal Information
How to Contact Us
2110 Enterprise Street
Escondido, CA 92029
ATTN: Customer Service
Last Updated: June 2021