Smarter Sewers with SmartCover CEO, Dr. Greg Quist
Dr. Greg Quist, CEO of SmartCover, listened to his utility colleagues 15 years ago and developed a highly successful smart sewer solution. Dr. Quist joined Water Values podcast host, Dave McGimpsey, to discuss how SmartCover works, his thoughts on change in the utility industry, listening to customers, developing enhancements to the core product, and much more.
In this podcast, you’ll learn about:
- How SmartCover was born
- CSOs and SSOs – combined sewer and sanitary sewer overflows
- The difference between SSO and CSO system designs
- How regulation and regulatory policy drove the need for SmartCover’s product
- Why listening to your customers is so important, especially when developing new solutions
- How smart sewers save money in both capital costs and O&M expenses
- How SmartCover has continued to adapt and what the next generation of sensors will be monitoring for
- Why incrementalism is the key to achieving successful change
Available via several podcast directories, including Apple Podcasts.